Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday mornings...

Our routine on Saturdays sure has changed... Before Steve died, it was their time to get up early, let Mom sleep, go out and hit the neighborhood for garage sales.... They'd surprise me about 10am or so with an almond latte from Starbucks. Those were GOOD days. These days are good too -- but it's taken us a year to get there. This morning, I woke up on my own at 6am -- I haven't slept past 7am since Steve died. Bear actually slept until 7am -- a rarity, for sure. It's 9:10 am and Yogi is outside, Bear is watching Transformers and I've already vacuumed and dusted the living room and mopped the entry. Steve would be proud (albeit shocked!)

I bought myself a Palm yesterday -- I'm tired of lugging my big ol' Daytimer around so for $99 I bought a Palm Z22 to organize my calendar, my contacts, etc. I LOVE IT! Already, I have a grocery list going in the memo section -- you just write on the screen and my writing shows up. I'm also updating my contacts and such on the computer -- easier to type -- then I sync the two together and voila! It's all in there. Life is just too crazy these days with trying to keep everything straight -- $99 was a good investment for sanity.

Sandra and I are going to see Hall and Oates tonight. I am EXCITED. I haven't been to see my beloved H2O since before Bear was born and y'all know how much I love my Hall & Oates! I plan on singing every word to every song -- Sandra doesn't know what she's getting into :) Those of you have been to a H2O concert with me -- pray for her!

Tara's coming to babysit Bear tonight - she hasn't been here since June so he'll be excited. They'll order pizza, probably watch Transformers again and have a great time.

Gotta get back to laundry.... Private Eyes.... Maneater.... Can't Go For That (No Can Do!) Man, I can't wait :)

No comments: