Sunday, October 18, 2009

My love for Hall and Oates



I have been a diehard fan of Hall and Oates since I was about 10 years old. 

31 years later, I'm still a ginormous fan.  I've seen them live, in concert, more times than I can count and I have just about every album they've ever put out.  Most are still in vinyl and cassette form, although quite a few are in CD's.  One of my most prized possession is their "Along the Red Ledge" album in red vinyl.  My best seats were with Laurie in the early 1990's -- the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles -- first two seats off of the enter aisle in the FRONT row!  My car was broken into earlier that day, while we were checking into the hotel, and I was more upset that they got my Hall and Oates cassette in the stereo they stole!  They could have left my tunes!

Their new boxed set came out this week -- 4 CD's jam packed with all of their classic stuff, their newer stuff and 16 never-released songs.  I am in HEAVEN.  I listened to them yesterday while driving around doing errands, and Lilly is playing in the background now -- one of my favorites.  Unless you're a diehard fan, you've probably never even heard of songs like Lilly or Perkiomen or It's Uncanny -- but I'd urge anyone who longs for the good music of the past, the 'blue eyed soul' this duo is known for...  You won't be disappointed -- just make sure you've got great speakers because you're gonna want to turn it up!

Even Bear's been listening... "Gee, Mom, they're pretty good!"  Yes, son they are...  Teaching him to appreciate groups like Hall and Oates is one of those life lessons I need to teach him -- right up there with integrity, honesty and the birds and the bees :)

I'm in my happy place today! 

No comments: