Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tears by Rice-A-Roni...

When Steve first died, I couldn't even barbeque on Sunday nights. It was a tradition (we'd spent the weekend cleaning the house, the last thing we wanted to do was dirty up the kitchen) and for the first few months, I cried through every Sunday night barbeque. I've kept up the tradition for most Sunday over the last 2 years. Tonight, I grilled chicken -- Steve's favorite and went to make a box of Rice A Roni with it. Again, one of his favorites.

We were out of Rice-A-Roni.

The tears just started flowing... I'm not a huge Rice-A-Roni fan -- I like it, but in an effort to eat better, it's not usually an item that makes the grocery cart. It's another reminder that Steve isn't here.

1 comment:

Silindile Ntuli said...

What do you say to a woman going through such a loss??? The little things hurt the most, I'm not in the same situation but believe me I understand. Having lost the love of my life (we broke up) and also dealing with my illness which has stolen my life and left me bed bound and paralyzed for the last 6 years.

I feel your pain, hang in there and include it in your next grocery shopping;-)