Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strong enough...

It's no secret that I'm pretty on the fence when it comes to religion.  I certainly relate more with the looser spiritual side of life than the more rigid part that goes along with organized religion.  But lately, for some reason that I'm still not quite sure of, I have been listening to Christian radio.  Yesterday, a song came on the radio that just spoke to me.  I searched and searched when I got to work -- and finally found the name of it.  It's called "Strong Enough" by Michael West and here are part of the lyrics. 

 
You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through

Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do

On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us


Some days, I truly don't feel equipped to lead this life of a widowed only parent.  This song reminded me that while I feel alone, perhaps I'm not truly alone.  I can't help but feel in my heart that maybe I haven't been doing this alone for nearly 4 years....  If that were the case, I think I'd be a lot more nuts than I am :)

No comments: